DR. CHINTAN ROHIT HEGDE
MBBS, Dip.SICOT (Belgium), MS (Orthopaedics)
Fellow in Hip & Knee Unit (Cambridge, UK)
Fellow in Orthopaedic Research (McMaster University, Canada)
Fellow in Advanced Hip & Knee Surgery (HOME-SICOT)
“BONE & JOINT CLINIC”
Shop No.3, Bone & Joint Clinic, Cosmos Park, Marol Maroshi Rd, Bori Colony, Marol, Andheri East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400059
For Appointment: +91 77388 90980
- As postgraduate student in Dept. of Orthopaedic Surgery between May 2008 and April 2011, involving myself in Research, Seminars, Clinico-Pathologic conferences and Case discussions.
- I was also involved in undergraduate teaching (MBBS and physiotherapy students), bed side case discussions and clinical demonstrations.
- Organizing committee of “MANGALORE ORTHOPAEDIC COURSE(MOC) 2008-2009-2010”under the leadership of Prof.M.Sudhakar Shetty.
- Organizing committee of “ORTHOSCAN2010” under the leadership of Prof.M.Sudhakar Shetty.
- Organizing and Scientific committee of “IBOM-2012” International Biological Orthopaedic Meet, MUMBAI, 2012 under the leadership of Dr. Vijay D. Shetty
- Organizing and Scientific committee of “SICOT INDIA – Instructional Course Lectures- II”, MUMBAI, 2012 under the leadership of Dr. Vijay D. Shetty
- Organizing and Scientific committee of “CAD 2012 – Challenges and debates in complex arthroplasty”, MUMBAI, 2012 under the leadership of Dr. Sanjeev Jain
- Organizing, Scientific committee & Faculty of “IBOM-2014” International Biological Orthopaedic Meet, MUMBAI, 2014 under the leadership of Dr. Vijay D. Shetty
- Possess 2 months of work experience in Germany at the University of DRESDEN in the Department of Surgery as a part of INTERNATIONAL STUDENT EXCHANGE PROGRAMME during my Internship(MBBS).
- Possess 3 years of clinical experience involved in clinical care and decision making for the following cases: accidents, trauma, Knee and Hip arthritis, Spine pathology and deformity correction, sports injuries(Arthroscopic surgeries) and paediatric orthopaedics.
- Have assisted in more than 500 total knee replacement surgeries and more than 500 hip replacement surgeries from the onset of my postgraduate residency program in 2008 till today.
- Worked as SENIOR TRAUMA REGISTRAR at Lokmanya Tilak Municipal General Hospital & College, SION,MUMBAI for a period of 6 months from August 1st 2011 till January 31st 2012.
- Has attended the Total Knee Replacement mission–II from August 12-19, 2012 at Seychelles, Mahe Islands and was part of the team headed by Dr. Vijay Shetty which operated 28 KNEE REPLACEMENTS in 4 days.
- Has attended the Total Knee Replacement mission –III from November 24- Dec 1, 2013 at Seychelles, Mahe Islands and was part of the team headed by Dr. Vijay Shetty which operated 23 KNEE REPLACEMENTS in 3 days.
- Consultant Orthopaedic, Trauma and Joint Replacement surgeon at THUNGA HOSPITALS PVT. LTD. at Mira Road, Mumbai, INDIA.
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at TMRCT(TATA) – THUNGA HOSPITALS at BOISAR, THANE.
- Visiting Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at SEVEN HILLS HOSPITAL, Andheri, Mumbai, INDIA.
- Consultant Orthopaedic, Trauma and Joint Replacement surgeon at AVIVA Multispeciality Hospital, Andheri, Mumbai, INDIA.
- Senior Resident at Dr. D Y Patil Medical College, Navi Mumbai, India.
- Consultant Orthopaedic & Joint Replacement Surgeon at CRITICARE MULTISPECIALITY HOSPITAL & RESEARCH CENTRE, ANDHERI, MUMBAI , INDIA
- Depuy (Johnson and Johnson) fellowship in HIP AND KNEE REPLACEMENTS, Feb 2012- Feb 2013 at Dr. L.H. Hiranandani Hospital, Powai, Mumbai
- HOME fellowship in ARTHROPLASTY, ARTHROSCOPY & RESEARCH, 2012-2013at Dr.L.H. Hiranandani Hospital, Powai, Mumbai.
- Fellow in Orthopaedic Research at McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada, 2013, under Dr. Mohit Bhandari.
- Fellow in Hip & Knee Surgery at Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge University, United Kingdom, 2013 under Mr. Vikas Khanduja.
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS
Completed Dissertation work on “ROLE OF BONE GRAFT SUBSTITUITE IN TREATMENT OF DISTAL RADIUS FRACTURES IN ELDERLY”
The above Dissertation was done under the guidance of Professor and Unit Head Dr. Imthiaz Ahammed and Senior Professor and Head of the Department of Orthopaedics, Dr.M.Sudhakar Shetty.
- A study to compare the efficacy of corticosteroid therapy with platelet-rich plasma therapy in recalcitrant plantar fasciitis: A preliminary report. Vijay D. Shetty, Mandeep Dhillon, Chintan Hegde, Prajyot Jagtap, Suvin Shetty. Foot and Ankle Surgery March 2014, Vol. 20, No. 1: 10-13.
- High-Flexion Mobile-Bearing Knees: Impact on Patellofemoral Outcomes in 159 Patients. Sanjeev Jain,Sandeep Wasnik, Chintan Hegde, Amber Mittal. The Journal of Knee Surgery 2013;00:1–6.
- Simultaneous Bilateral Computer Assisted Total Knee Arthroplasty: The Effect of Intravenous or Intraarticular Tranexamic Acid.Hegde C, Wasnik S, Kulkarni S, Pradhan S, Shetty V. J Arthroplasty. 2013 Apr 30. doi: pii: S0883-5403(13)00260-X. 10.1016/j.arth.2013.03.018. [Epub ahead of print] PMID:23642448
- Outcome of subvastus approach in elderly nonobese patients undergoing bilateral simultaneous total knee arthroplasty: A randomized controlled study. Jain S, Wasnik S, Mittal A, Hegde C. Indian Journal of Orthopaedics 2013;47: 45-49. PMID- 23532447
- Use of bone graft substitute in the treatment for distal fractures in elderly. Hegde C, Shetty V, Wasnik S, Ahammed I, Shetty V. Eur J Orthop Surg Traumatol. (2013) Aug;23(6):651-6.
- The “Shetty test” in ankle injuries: validation of a novel test to rule out ankle fractures. Shetty V, Wasnik S, Hegde C, Shetty V, Kasture S, Thakur H. Eur J Orthop Surg Traumatol. (2013) Oct;23(7):831-3
- Hiranandani Orthopaedic Medical Education (HOME) fellowship report by Dr. Chintan Hegde, published in International SICOT NewsLetter JUNE-2013 edition.
- Author’s reply: Sanjeev Jain, Sandeep Wasnik, Amber Mittal, and Chintan Hegde.Indian J Orthop. 2013 Jul-Aug; 47(4): 431–432. PMCID: PMC3745706
- Do the existing total knee arthroplasty implants match the arthritic Indian knees? – a case study
- Role of intra-venous and intra-articular tranexamic acid in single staged bilateral total knee replacement: a retrospective study.
- Bedsore prevention: use of a modified scoring system in recognizing “at risk” cases
- Platelet-rich plasma therapy: A meta-analysis.
- Polyethylene: A Systematic Review
- Ceramic-on-Polyethylene implants in total hip replacement: A meta-analysis.
- Evaluation of operative treatment of intertrochanteric fracture of femur: a prospective comparative study
- Ultrasound of the shoulder joint for impingement syndrome and its co-relation with arthroscopic surgery for operability of partial supraspinatus tear.
- Early experience with high flexion cruciate retaining total knee system – A randomized controlled trial with high flexion posterior stabilized knees
PRESENTATIONS AND LECTURES
- An invited talk on “HOME fellowship report” YSC (Young Surgeons Committee) Symposium – SICOT Alumni at 34th SICOT WORLD ORTHOPAEDIC CONGRESS, HYDERABAD, INDIA: AUGUST 17-19, 2013.
- Oral presentation on “Evaluation of treatment of Intertrochanteric fractures” at 34th SICOT WORLD ORTHOPAEDIC CONGRESS, HYDERABAD, INDIA: AUGUST 17-19, 2013.
- An invited talk on “Recent advances in Total Knee Arthroplasty & Platelet rich plasma therapy” at ALUMINI MEET -2013, Yenepoya Medical College, Karnataka, India.
- Guest lecture on “Prevention of Orthopaedic Issues and health check up” February-2013, for employees at LIONS GATE, NAVAL DOCKYARD, Colaba, Mumbai.
- Paper & Poster presentation of “ROLE OF BONE GRAFT SUBSTITUITE IN TREATMENT OF DISTAL RADIUS FRACTURES IN ELDERLY” at Karnataka Orthopaedic Conference at Bangalore , February 2010.
- Case presentations at MANGALORE ORTHOPAEDIC COURSE and CANARA ORTHOPAEDIC SOCIETY MEETS.
- Pradhan, C., Foote, C., Sancheti, P., Shetty. V., Kotwal, P., Lakshminarayan, D., Jain, A., Dhillon, M., Gopalan, H. John, B., Shetty, S., Reddy, G., Singh. A., Rocha, S., Hegde, C., Dhatt, S., Joseph, B., Devereaux, P.J., Srivastava, A., Neupene, B., Petrisor, B. & Mohit Bhandari. International Orthopedic Multicenter Study in Fracture Care (INORMUS): A Paradigm Shift in Trauma Research. 28th Orthopedic Trauma Association Symposium, Podium Presentation, Minneapolis, U.S.A.
- Paper presentation at ASIA-PACIFIC ORTHOPAEDIC ASSOCIATION(APOA)Golden Jubilee congress, NEW DELHI: OCTOBER 4, 2012 on “Use of bone graft substitute in the treatment for distal radius fractures in elderly”.
- Poster presentation at ASIA-PACIFIC ORTHOPAEDIC ASSOCIATION(APOA)Golden Jubilee congress, NEW DELHI: OCTOBER 3-6, 2012 on “The Shetty test in ankle injuries: validation of a novel test to rule out ankle fractures”
- Paper presentation at Combined 33rd SICOT & 17th PAOA Orthopaedic World Conference Dubai, United Arab Emirates: NOVEMBER 28-30, 2012on “Plantar fasciitis: a prospective comparative study to compare the efficacy of corticosteroid therapy with platelet-rich plasma therapy”.
- Poster presentation at Combined 33rd SICOT & 17th PAOA Orthopaedic World Conference Dubai, United Arab Emirates: NOVEMBER 28-30, 2012on “Use of bone graft substitute in the treatment for distal radius fractures in elderly”.
- Poster presentation at Combined 33rd SICOT & 17th PAOA Orthopaedic World Conference Dubai, United Arab Emirates: NOVEMBER 28-30, 2012 on “The Shetty test in ankle injuries: validation of a novel test to rule out ankle fractures”
- SPARSH- SUNSHINE ARTHROPLASTY COURSE ADVANCED-2014 at Bengaluru, India
- DEPUY SYNTHES –Basic Arthroplasty Course, Mumbai, India: 23-24th August, 2014
- INTERNATIONAL ORTHOPAEDIC BIOLOGIC MEET (IBOM) 2014 at Mumbai, India: MAY 30-31,2014
- “ EXPERT BRAINS IN OSTEOARTHRITIS” at TASHKENT, Uzbekistan: MAY 1, 2014
- “Primary Knee Arthroplasty Workshop” at MERIL ACADEMY, VAPI, India: APRIL 26-27, 2014
- 8th National Congress of Indian Society of Hip & Knee Surgeons, PUNE: APRIL 11-13, 2014
- “ OXFORD Partial Knee ” Instructional Course, MUMBAI : MARCH 1-2, 2014
- 3rd Advanced Arthroplasty Course “ The Art & Sience of Navigation & Mobile bearing in TKA”, Depuy Synthes Institute, CHENNAI : FEBRUARY 21-22, 2014
- WIROC – 2013, MUMBAI: DECEMBER 27-29, 2013
- 34th SICOT WORLD ORTHOPAEDIC CONGRESS, HYDERABAD, INDIA: AUGUST 17-19, 2013
- INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS OF INDIAN ARTHROSCOPIC SOCIETY “IIAS-2013”, MUMBAI: SEPTEMBER 20-22, 2013
- “ TRAUMACON -2013 ”, MUMBAI: AUGUST 15 – 18, 2013
- ASIAN ARTHROSCOPY CONGRESS CADAVERIC SKILLS COURSE (Basic Knee Arthroscopy), M.S RAMAIAH, BANGALORE: AUGUST 17-18, 2013.
- WIROC – 2012, MUMBAI: DECEMBER 27-30, 2012
- JBJS Reviewer’s Meet at IAOCON-2012, CHENNAI: December 13, 2012
- Combined 33rd SICOT & 17th PAOA Orthopaedic World Conference Dubai, United Arab Emirates: NOVEMBER 28-30, 2012
- CAD-2012, CHALLENGES & DEBATES IN COMPLEX ARTHROPLASTY, MUMBAI: OCTOBER 27-28, 2012
- ASIA-PACIFIC ORTHOPAEDIC ASSOCIATION(APOA)& APKS Golden Jubilee congress, NEW DELHI: OCTOBER 3-6, 2012
- APOA 2012, Primary Knee Workshop, Apollo Hospital, New Delhi: OCTOBER 3, 2012
- SICOT India Instructional Course Lecture –II, MUMBAI : SEPTEMBER 8-9, 2012
- ASIA-PACIFIC ARTHROPLASTY SOCIETY MEET(APAS) , MUMBAI: AUGUST 23-25, 2012
- HANDS ON CADAVERIC WORKSHOP ON TOTAL KNEE REPLACEMENT BY MAXX ORTHO, AHEMDABAD: 4TH AUGUST 2012.
- “RECENT TRENDS ON ORTHOBIOLOGICS”, POS, PUNE: 17TH JUNE 2012.
- AO TRAUMA PRE BASIC PROGRAMME, MUMBAI: JUNE 2ND 2012
- KNEE ARTHROPLASTY COURSE “Getting the primary right everytime”, MUMBAI: 13TH MAY 2012.
- INTERNATIONAL BIOLOGIC ORTHOPAEDIC MEET(IBOM), MUMBAI : 2012
- 10TH RANAWAT ORTHOPAEDIC CONFERENCE, PUNE: 2012
- AAOS 1ST ORTHOPAEDIC TRAUMA CONCLAVE, MUMBAI: 10TH SEPTEMBER 2011.
- 19THANNUAL LTMGH FRACTURE FIXATION COURSE, SION, MUMBAI: 7TH-9TH OCTOBER 2011.
- HIP MASTERS COURSE, MUMBAI : 2011
- CME ON PAEDIATRIC HIP DISORDERS, KMC MANIPAL,KARNATAKA: 6TH MARCH 2011.
- KARNATAKA ORTHOPAEDIC ASSOCIATION MEETS: 2009,2010
- MANGALORE ORTHOPAEDIC COURSE : 2008,2009,2010
- MIRAJ POSTGRADUATE TRAINING COURSE: 2009
- TRAUMA COURSE BY ALUMINI ASSOCIATION OF SANCHETI HOSPITAL,PUNE: 2009
- CME-ORTHO 2010, KMC MANIPAL, KARNATAKA: 1ST-3RD OCTOBER 2010.
- Life member of BOMBAY ORTHOPAEDIC SOCIETY (BOS)
- Associate Member of SICOT(International Society of Orthopaedic Surgery & Traumatology)
- Bone & Joint Journal (BJJ) / (JBJS-Br)
- Member of INDIAN BIOLOGIC ORTHOPAEDIC SOCIETY (IBOS)
ACADEMIC RESEARCH INTERESTS ARE IN THE FIELDS OF
- Arthroplasty of Hip, Knee, Shoulder.
- Arthroscopic surgeries of Hip & Knee
- Biologic orthopaedics.(Platelet Rich Plasma therapy)
- Pelvic and hip fractures.
Possess fluency in English, Hindi, Marathi, Kannada,Tulu and Malayalam.
OTHER SPECIFIC SKILLS
Trained to perform Hip and Knee replacements surgeries, arthroscopy & sports medicine, trauma and Ilizarov’s external fixations.